Friday, December 21, 2007

Duh!

After several people asked, it finally occurred to me that I could add a link to The South Reporter. The "SR" is a small, weekly newspaper in rural Mississippi -- Holly Springs to be exact. Holly Springs is a beautiful little town, with 64 (trust me, they've been counted!) antebellum (pre-Civil War) homes. We have the requisite beautiful old courthouse on the square and three antebellum churches with Pilcher organs. Massive pipe organs! Absolutely fantastic sounding, they are all antebellum (of course) and lovingly and "religiously" taken care of.

All the babbling above is leading up to the fact that I work at the SR; write a column and do about a 1,000 other things, along with Barry Burleson, the editor; Barbara Taylor, production manager and all around wonderful person; Beth Breithaupt, ad salesperson and the kindest person I know; Sue Watson is the most conscientous news reporter around and Fred Dee, or Mr. Freddie, ad salesman, is a true "grumpy old man." We often laugh and say "scratch Mr. Freddie's surface and underneath that grumpy old man exterior, you'll find an even grumpier old man!" But, he's our grumpy old man, and we all love him dearly.

If you'd like to read my column (Close To Nowhere) it's in the editorial (or opinion?) section. I'm very proud of both the print and the online editions of "my" newspaper!

No comments: