Monday, December 17, 2007

Over achiever?

I have achieved "floor!" My "new" sewing room actually has one! Most of my fabric is folded neatly on the new shelves. I've even made a baby quilt (just a drag-around with stippling -- one of the 2-hr. kind) But I actually found my sewing machine, thread AND scissors! I won't even mention what all I still can't find because I haven't unpacked the boxes with my sewing desk drawers "stuff."

I just wish someone could tell me how I have more stuff now than I did when I packed it all. I had everything in the much smaller room and except for a few stray bolts of fabric, it all fit. I have boxes that I don't recognize. And I have enough batting to never have to buy anymore ever again.

I think some of the stuff in here is related to clothes hangers -- they multiply in the dark!

Meredith is very excited (11 yr. old granddaughter). She has her corner set up with her mother's sewing machine (she likes it better than hers, so she "borrowed" it) She has a thread rack on the wall, along with a light and horse calendar and some sort of note pad. She's working on her very own shelves that are so far still a mess, but she's really having fun sorting her fabric and gadgets, etc.

I'm somewhat awestruck at the way my stuff is edging it's way over to her shelves though. Not only does my stuff reproduce in the night, it's learning to migrate. Just amazing!

Maybe tomorrow I can find my camera again and take her picture in her corner. Although, by tomorrow, it may be her room and my corner... :)

No comments: